Magic Cookie Bars are a family favorite that people ask the recipe for all the time. They are embarrassingly easy and only have 5 ingredients total. People love them and they are a great quick treat to throw together at the last minute.
|Aerial shot of gooey deliciousness.|
Some people call these Seven Layer Bars. We are not big fans of coconut in our family so we leave that layer out. I honestly don't know what they other "layer" ingredient is in the original version but no matter what it is, I don't think it is possible for these to get any better than they already are.
What I love about this recipe (other than how it tastes) is that it is so easy to make. You can literally throw it together in minutes. It is always a crowd pleaser at parties and I pretty much always have the ingredients on hand in my pantry.
There is a big debate in my family about whether they taste better cold from the fridge or at room temperature. I can never decide. You should probably go make them right now and come back and cast your vote to help settle this family dispute.
Magic Cookie Bars
- 1 stick of butter
- Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- 1 bag of butterscotch chips
1. Melt the stick of butter in a 9x13 pan. I do this while preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Then cover the melted butter with graham cracker crumbs. You want to make sure that there are not uncovered spots of melted butter.
3. Layer the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips on top of the graham cracker crumbs.
4. Evenly pour the can of condensed milk over the chips.
6. Let them cool completely before cutting. Can be stored in or out of the fridge.