Have you tried my Butterfingers Cake recipe yet? If you have you know that while it is amazingly good, it must have one million calories per slice. So I decided to look for something along the same flavor lines but a little lighter. This Weight Watchers version (adapted from Pinterest) of Butterfingers Pie does the trick. It was light and very satisfying without being too crazy bad for you. And it let me use some of the Cool Whip I have stocked up from the holiday sales. According to the recipe I adapted it from, it is 3 points (the old ones not points plus) per serving.
After making it, I have a few suggestions. Make sure that the Cool Whip is completely thawed before trying to mix and spread it. It was difficult to get it to spread evenly over the graham crackers while still a little frozen. You may want to crush the candy bar in the wrapper then just cut off the top to sprinkle it out. We also found that the longer it is in the freezer the better it tastes. We ate it last night a few hours after it was made and it was very good but it was even better tonight.
Weight Watchers Butterfingers Pie
- 8 graham crackers
- 1 tub of fat free Cool Whip
- 1 Butterfingers Bar
- Reduced Fat Chocolate Syrup (the kind in the squeeze bottle was easier to control the amount)
- Sugar Free Caramel Sauce (I also used the squeeze bottle, much easier to portion than the jar)
2. Mix together half the crushed Butterfingers and the Cool Whip and spread over the graham crackers.
3. Lightly drizzle the chocolate syrup and the caramel sauce over the Cool Whip mixture and top with the remaining crushed Butterfingers.
4. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Cut into 9 even portions before serving.
|I jazzed up the plate for picture taking purposes. We clearly don't do that on a regular basis in our house.|