I don't eat beef and I don't like Doritos (Justin argues I am un-American), but I love Taco Pie. I was a really picky eater growing up (still am) but this is one of my mom's recipes that I loved/still love. It is really easy too. We pair it with a big salad and call it a meal.
- 1 roll of refrigerated crescent roll dough (I actually think the reduced fat ones work best, less greasy)
- 1 bag of Doritos
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- water (half what the packet says)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella (or more if you like)
2) Cover the crescent roll dough with 1 cup of crushed Doritos.
3) Brown the ground beef and then drain. Add taco seasoning and the water (half of what the packet says to use). Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the sour cream and mix well.
4) Pour the ground beef over the crescent roll dough.
5) Top with shredded cheeses.
6) Completely cover with crushed Doritos.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until top is browned and sides are bubbling. Let is sit for about 5 minutes before trying to cut and serve.