|Spent $1.56 for $189.90 worth of groceries- 99% savings!|
How you ask? I found the trial size packages of Crest White Strips on clearance at Publix for $2.99 each. I have been reading about people finding these in their stores and getting large amounts of overage so I always check and have my $10 off coupons handy just in case. I can't believe I actually found them.
I was popping into Publix to grab a treat or two to surprise Justin with for our Valentine's Day dinner tonight and at first I walked by the clearance rack. I didn't really have my coupons together today and I didn't want to deal with it. On my way out I decided to give it one quick glance and at first sight the Crest strips caught my eye. Much to my surprise there were ten packs of them all marked down. I had exactly 10 coupons in my binder that did not say "excludes trial size" so it felt like it was meant to be.
|The product that made this all possible!|
I basically panicked and quickly tried to figure out how much overage I would be getting, then break it down into three transactions (since the coupons state you can only use four like coupons per transaction). My Publix will give you back overage in cash or a gift card but I would feel so awkward doing that, threfore I use it to buy extra stuff with.
In hindsight, I could have been more planned with the way I used my overage and bought sale items which I had coupons for to make my extra $70 go further (I already had planned on close to $10 in overage from other products to pay for my Valentines treats) but I just used it to buy meat. We can never find good sales on meat and it was the quickest and easiest way I could find to use up that overage. I only roughly figured it out before hitting the register so I am so glad the numbers all worked out right.
To make it even sweeter, each trial pack comes with a $7.00 off coupon that also does not say "excludes trial size" and expires in 2013 which means that I will be keeping my eye out for this deal again for a long time to come : )
Here are the breakdowns with pictures!
|Transaction #1- .64 cents in overage|
Total value: $59.07
Saved 103% and got .64 cents in overage!
3 package of ground beef: $15.57
1 pork tenderloin: $6.81
4 boxes of Crest White Strips: $11.98
2 boxes of Peanut Butter Cheerios on sale: $5
Used four $10 off coupons making me .64 cents in overage!
|Transaction #2: $1.90 in overage!|
Total value: $61.30
Saved 103% and made $1.90 in overage!
5 packages of boneless, skinless, chicken tenderloins: $26.12
4 boxes of Crest White Strips: $11.98
Used four $10 off coupons making me $1.90 in overage!
|Transaction 3: Spent $4.10|
Total value: $67.53
Total spent: $4.10
Total saved: $63.43
Percent saved: 94%
- 2 boxes of Crest White Strips, on sale 2/$.5.99
- Used two $10 off coupons
- Made them FREE plus a total of $14.01 in overage
- 4 boxes of Phazyme, retails for $3.49 a box
- Used four $2.00 printable coupons from the manufacturer website
- Stacked with two $5/2 Publix coupons from the Green Advantage flyer
- Made them all FREE plus a total of $4.04 in overage
- 2 boxes of Sominex, retails for $3.19 a box
- Used two $2.00 off coupons from the manufacturer website
- Stacked with a $5/2 Publix coupon from the Green Advantage flyer
- Made them FREE plus a total of $2.62 in overage
- 4 boxes of Keebler Right Bites, retails for $3.19 each, on sale BOGO ($1.59 each)
- Used two $1/2 coupons from 1/29 RP
- Made them $1.09 each
- 2 boxes of Duncan Hines cake mix, retails for $2.05 each
- On sale BOGO, made it $1.03 each
- Publix Brie: $5.12
- Publix Goat Cheese: $2.99
- Prosciutto: $3.42
- Mini Cannolis: $2.40
- Publix Olive Bar: $1.92 worth of fresh olives
- Publix 3 Cheese Demi Loaf: $2.49
This pretty much made my day/week/month. I was kind of feeling guilty about spending grocery money for our Valentines Day treats so being able to pay for all of them with overage made me insanely happy : )