|Got all of this for under $5|
This has been a huge shopping week for me. Huge in that after tomorrow's normal Publix trip, I will have made four shopping trips this week which I never do. The good news is that I have kept my totals pretty low. I spent $24 on my Saturday Target trip, spent around $15 on a Publix trip on Saturday (post coming tomorrow), and then I spent $4.50 today. My trip tomorrow will probably be pretty large since there are a lot of deals I want to take advantage of and I am buying for our upcoming Christmas party.
I am not too worried about our grocery budget since I have been saving our left over cash from past weeks and I have a little extra cash from tutoring money too. I was fully prepared to be doing lots of shopping and spending a little more than $50 a week during the holiday months but since I am stocking up for the year on many things I am not concerned.
I was so excited when I saw this deal on Kashi products posted on I Heart Publix earlier this week. I was planning on going to the store to do the deal with a $5/$30 Winn Dixie coupon but then the Target coupon for a FREE $10 Gift Card when you spend $50 became available again with a new expiration date so I decided to add on some deals from the current Green Advantage flyer to hit $50 before coupons.
I know people always say you can't find coupons for healthy food but I think that Kashi and apples definitely count as couponed healthy food. The Kashi pricing and FREE pizza coupons are part of the current Publix Yellow Advantage Flyer and are good through the 14th so if you want to take advantage of it I would do so soon.
Breakdown of today's Publix trip:
Total retail value: $63.61
Total spent after gift card earned and $5/$30 coupon: $4.53
Total saved: $59.08
Percent saved: 93%
What I got with sale/coupon match ups:
- 6 boxes of Kashi Cereals, retails for $4.05 each, on sale for $2.99 each
- Used three $2/2 Kashi Cereal coupons from Recycle Bank
- Made them $1.99 each
- 2 Kashi Frozen Pizzas, retails for $5.99 each, on sale for $5 each
- Used two coupons for a FREE pizza WYB any 3 Kashi cereals
- Made them both FREE
- 3 apples at a total of $5.97
- Used four $1 off fresh fruit WYB any Kashi product (limit four like coupons per trip)
- Made them $1.97 total
- 2 bottles of Clean & Clear Shampoo/Conditioner, retails for $4.99 each
- Used two $2 off coupons
- Stacked with coupon for a FREE conditioner wyb the shampoo from the Publix Green Ad. Flyer
- Made them .49 cents each
- 1 bottle of Dove Men+Care Body Wash, retails for $4.99
- Used a $2 off coupon
- Stacked with a $1.25 off Publix Green Ad. Flyer coupon
- Made it $1.74
- 1 bottle of Axe Body Wash, retails for $4.99
- Used a $2 off coupon from the 12/2 SS
- Stacked with a $1.50 off Publix Green Ad. Flyer coupon
- Made it $1.49